I spend a lot of time outside for photo shoots and also on my time off. I do my running outside and go to the beach and pool on the weekends. My hair is colored and I need to protect it from the sun otherwise, it turns an orangey/brassy shade that isn’t very attractive!
I turned to expert, Carol Hakoun of Gleam Hair Studio in Miami to give us some summer hair tips. Carole has been doing my hair for many years and I love the way she keeps my color looking natural.
Summer Hair Tips
- Protect your colored hair in the summer with a UV protectant spray before venturing out in the sun.
- When you come back from the pool or the beach, wash your hair with a very gentle clarifying shampoo to remove build up of salt and chlorine.
- For hair that has Balayage, you can leave it without UV protectant spray because the highlights will look even better and lighten up in the sun.
- For hair with Balayage, make sure to wash it after being in the pool of the beach and moisturize it well with a conditioner or a hair mask. The sun, salt, and chlorine are all very drying.
- Kevin Murphy Hair Resort Spray is your hair’s best friend this summer. Spray it on wet or dry hair to get that beachy hair look. It also smells amazing!
- Braids are all the rage this summer at the beach, so spray on some of that Kevin Murphy spray and french braid or dutch braid your hair. Let it dry and undo for a cool wavy, back from the beach look.
Summertime is a great time to let your hair air-dry and keep it away from hot appliances. I always notice my hair is longer and healthier after a summer of no blow drying. How do you wear your hair in the summer?
Thanks to Carole for her great tips!
Gleam Hair Studio : 7287 S Red Road, Miami FL 33143, Miami, Florida.Téléphone : 305-667-7008.